Meaning of CAVE in English
vi to dwell in a cave.
2. cave ·noun to make hollow; to scoop out.
3. cave ·noun any hollow place, or part; a cavity.
4. cave ·noun a hollow place in the earth, either natural or artificial; a subterraneous cavity; a cavern; a den.
5. cave ·vi to fall in or down; as, the sand bank caved. hence (slang), to retreat from a position; to give way; to yield in a disputed matter.
6. cave ·add. ·noun a coalition or group of seceders from a political party, as from the liberal party in england in 1866. ·see adullam, cave of, in the dictionary of noted names in fiction.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012