Meaning of CHAFF in English
noun light jesting talk; banter; raillery.
2. chaff ·noun straw or hay cut up fine for the food of cattle.
3. chaff ·noun anything of a comparatively light and worthless character; the refuse part of anything.
4. chaff ·vi to use light, idle language by way of fun or ridicule; to banter.
5. chaff ·noun the glumes or husks of grains and grasses separated from the seed by threshing and winnowing, ·etc.
6. chaff ·noun the scales or bracts on the receptacle, which subtend each flower in the heads of many compositae, as the sunflower.
7. chaff ·vt to make fun of; to turn into ridicule by addressing in ironical or bantering language; to quiz.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012