Meaning of CONSTANT in English
vt consistent; logical.
2. constant ·vt firm; solid; fixed; immovable;
opposed to fluid.
3. constant ·noun that which is not subject to change; that which is invariable.
4. constant ·vt remaining unchanged or invariable, as a quantity, force, law, ·etc.
5. constant ·noun a quantity that does not change its value;
used in countradistinction to variable.
6. constant ·vt not liable, or given, to change; permanent; regular; continuous; continually recurring; steadfast; faithful; not fickle.
7. constant ·add. ·noun a number expressing some property or condition of a substance or of an instrument of precision; as, the dielectric constant of quartz; the collimation constant of a transit instrument.
8. constant ·add. ·noun a number whose value, when ascertained (as by observation) and substituted in a general mathematical formula expressing an astronomical law, completely determines that law and enables predictions to be made of its effect in particular cases.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012