Meaning of DIFFERENCE in English
noun choice; preference.
2. difference ·vt to cause to differ; to make different; to mark as different; to distinguish.
3. difference ·noun the quality or attribute which is added to those of the genus to constitute a species; a differentia.
4. difference ·noun disagreement in opinion; dissension; controversy; quarrel; hence, cause of dissension; matter in controversy.
5. difference ·noun the quantity by which one quantity differs from another, or the remainder left after subtracting the one from the other.
6. difference ·noun that by which one thing differs from another; that which distinguishes or causes to differ; mark of distinction; characteristic quality; specific attribute.
7. difference ·noun an addition to a coat of arms to distinguish the bearings of two persons, which would otherwise be the same. ·see augmentation, and marks of cadency, under cadency.
8. difference ·noun the act of differing; the state or measure of being different or unlike; distinction; dissimilarity; unlikeness; variation; as, a difference of quality in paper; a difference in degrees of heat, or of light; what is the difference between the innocent and the guilty?.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012