Meaning of DIPPING in English
noun the act of inclining downward.
2. dipping ·noun the act or process of immersing.
3. dipping ·p.pr. & ·vb.n. of dip.
4. dipping ·noun the act of lifting or moving a liquid with a dipper, ladle, or the like.
5. dipping ·noun the practice of taking snuff by rubbing the teeth or gums with a stick or brush dipped in snuff.
6. dipping ·noun the process of cleaning or brightening sheet metal or metalware, ·esp. brass, by dipping it in acids, ·etc.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012