noun the second coat of three-coat plastering.
2. floating ·noun floating threads. ·see floating threads, above.
3. floating ·p.pr. & ·vb.n. of float.
4. floating ·adj not funded; not fixed, invested, or determined; as, floating capital; a floating debt.
5. floating ·adj buoyed upon or in a fluid; a, the floating timbers of a wreck; floating motes in the air.
6. floating ·adj free or lose from the usual attachment; as, the floating ribs in man and some other animals.
7. floating ·add. ·noun the process of rendering oysters and scallops plump by placing them in fresh or brackish water;
called also fattening, plumping, and laying out.