Meaning of FURNITURE in English
vt the mountings of a gun.
2. furniture ·vt the masts and rigging of a ship.
3. furniture ·vt builders' hardware such as locks, door and window trimmings.
4. furniture ·vt a mixed or compound stop in an organ;
sometimes called mixture.
5. furniture ·vt that with which anything is furnished or supplied; supplies; outfit; equipment.
6. furniture ·vt the necessary appendages to anything, as to a machine, a carriage, a ship, ·etc.
7. furniture ·vt articles used for convenience or decoration in a house or apartment, as tables, chairs, bedsteads, sofas, carpets, curtains, pictures, vases, ·etc.
8. furniture ·vt pieces of wood or metal of a lesser height than the type, placed around the pages or other matter in a form, and, with the quoins, serving to secure the form in its place in the chase.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012