Meaning of GRADIENT in English
adj moving by steps; walking; as, gradient automata.
2. gradient ·adj adapted for walking, as the feet of certain birds.
3. gradient ·noun the rate of regular or graded ascent or descent in a road; grade.
4. gradient ·noun a part of a road which slopes upward or downward; a portion of a way not level; a grade.
5. gradient ·adj rising or descending by regular degrees of inclination; as, the gradient line of a railroad.
6. gradient ·noun the rate of increase or decrease of a variable magnitude, or the curve which represents it; as, a thermometric gradient.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012