Meaning of JIGGER in English
noun & ·v a small fishing vessel, rigged like a yawl.
2. jigger ·noun & ·v a supplementary sail. ·see dandy, ·noun, 2 (b).
3. jigger ·noun & ·v a templet or tool by which vessels are shaped on a potter's wheel.
4. jigger ·noun a pendulum rolling machine for slicking or graining leather; ·same·as jack, 4 (i).
5. jigger ·noun a species of flea (sarcopsylla, / pulex, penetrans), which burrows beneath the skin. ·see chigoe.
6. jigger ·noun & ·v a horizontal table carrying a revolving mold, on which earthen vessels are shaped by rapid motion; a potter's wheel.
7. jigger ·add. ·vt to move, send, or drive with a jerk; to jerk; also, to drive or send over with a jerk, as a golf ball.
8. jigger ·noun & ·v one who, or that which, jigs; specifically, a miner who sorts or cleans ore by the process of jigging; also, the sieve used in jigging.
9. jigger ·noun & ·v a light tackle, consisting of a double and single block and the fall, used for various purposes, as to increase the purchase on a topsail sheet in hauling it home; the watch tackle.
10. jigger ·add. ·noun any one of several species of small red mites (·esp. tetranychus irritans and t. americanus) which, in the larval or leptus stage, burrow beneath the skin of man and various animals, causing great annoyance.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012