Meaning of JUMPER in English
noun a loose upper garment.
2. jumper ·noun one who, or that which, jumps.
3. jumper ·noun a fur garment worn in arctic journeys.
4. jumper ·noun a long drilling tool used by masons and quarrymen.
5. jumper ·noun a sort of blouse worn by workmen over their ordinary dress to protect it.
6. jumper ·noun the larva of the cheese fly. ·see cheese fly, under cheese.
7. jumper ·noun spring to impel the star wheel, also a pawl to lock fast a wheel, in a repeating timepiece.
8. jumper ·noun a rude kind of sleigh;
usually, a simple box on runners which are in one piece with the poles that form the thills.
9. jumper ·add. ·noun a thing that jumps; ·esp., any of various tools or other contrivances operating with a jumping motion;.
10. jumper ·noun a name applied in the 18th century to certain calvinistic methodists in wales whose worship was characterized by violent convulsions.
11. jumper ·add. ·noun an instrument for boring holes in rocks by percussion without hammering, consisting of a bar of iron with a chisel-edged steel tip at one or both ends, operated by striking it against the rock, turning it slightly with each blow.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012