noun to spike, as a cannon.
2. nail ·noun to stud or boss with nails, or as with nails.
3. nail ·noun the terminal horny plate on the beak of ducks, and other allied birds.
4. nail ·noun the basal thickened portion of the anterior wings of certain hemiptera.
5. nail ·adj a measure of length, being two inches and a quarter, or the sixteenth of a yard.
6. nail ·noun the horny scale of plate of epidermis at the end of the fingers and toes of man and many apes.
7. nail ·noun to fasten with a nail or nails; to close up or secure by means of nails; as, to nail boards to the beams.
8. nail ·noun a slender, pointed piece of metal, usually with a head, used for fastening pieces of wood or other material together, by being driven into or through them.
9. nail ·noun to fasten, as with a nail; to bind or hold, as to a bargain or to acquiescence in an argument or assertion; hence, to catch; to trap.