Meaning of SHEARING in English
noun the act or operation of reaping.
2. shearing ·noun the process of preparing shear steel; tilting.
3. shearing ·noun ·same·as shearling.
4. shearing ·p.pr. & ·vb.n. of shear.
5. shearing ·noun the process of making a vertical side cutting in working into a face of coal.
6. shearing ·noun the act or operation of dividing with shears; as, the shearing of metal plates.
7. shearing ·noun the act or operation of clipping with shears or a shearing machine, as the wool from sheep, or the nap from cloth.
8. shearing ·noun the product of the act or operation of clipping with shears or a shearing machine; as, the whole shearing of a flock; the shearings from cloth.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012