Meaning of SKILL in English
noun any particular art.
2. skill ·noun knowledge; understanding.
3. skill ·noun discrimination; judgment; propriety; reason; cause.
4. skill ·noun display of art; exercise of ability; contrivance; address.
5. skill ·vt to know; to understand.
6. skill ·vi to be knowing; to have understanding; to be dexterous in performance.
7. skill ·vi to make a difference; to signify; to matter;
8. skill ·noun the familiar knowledge of any art or science, united with readiness and dexterity in execution or performance, or in the application of the art or science to practical purposes; power to discern and execute; ability to perceive and perform; expertness; aptitude; as, the skill of a mathematician, physician, surgeon, mechanic, ·etc.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012