adj having a common measure; commensurable.
2. symmetrical ·adj having corresponding parts or relations.
3. symmetrical ·adj having a likeness in the form and size of floral organs of the same kind; regular.
4. symmetrical ·adj having an equal number of parts in the successive circles of floral organs;
said of flowers.
5. symmetrical ·adj involving or exhibiting symmetry; proportional in parts; having its parts in due proportion as to dimensions; as, a symmetrical body or building.
6. symmetrical ·adj having the organs or parts of one side corresponding with those of the other; having the parts in two or more series of organs the same in number; exhibiting a symmetry. ·see symmetry, 2.