noun wind; flatulence.
2. vapor ·noun to emit vapor or fumes.
3. vapor ·noun an old name for hypochondria, or melancholy; the blues.
4. vapor ·noun to talk idly; to boast or vaunt; to brag.
5. vapor ·noun a medicinal agent designed for administration in the form of inhaled vapor.
6. vapor ·vt to send off in vapor, or as if in vapor; as, to vapor away a heated fluid.
7. vapor ·noun something unsubstantial, fleeting, or transitory; unreal fancy; vain imagination; idle talk; boasting.
8. vapor ·noun any substance in the gaseous, or aeriform, state, the condition of which is ordinarily that of a liquid or solid.
9. vapor ·noun in a loose and popular sense, any visible diffused substance floating in the atmosphere and impairing its transparency, as smoke, fog, ·etc.
10. vapor ·noun to pass off in fumes, or as a moist, floating substance, whether visible or invisible, to steam; to be exhaled; to evaporate.