Meaning of VAT in English
noun a vessel for holding holy water.
2. vat ·vt to put or transfer into a vat.
3. vat ·noun a wooden tub for washing ores and mineral substances in.
4. vat ·noun a square, hollow place on the back of a calcining furnace, where tin ore is laid to dry.
5. vat ·noun a large vessel, cistern, or tub, especially one used for holding in an immature state, chemical preparations for dyeing, or for tanning, or for tanning leather, or the like.
6. vat ·noun a measure for liquids, and also a dry measure; especially, a liquid measure in belgium and holland, corresponding to the hectoliter of the metric system, which contains 22.01 imperial gallons, or 26.4 standard gallons in the united states.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012