Meaning of WELD in English
vt to wield.
2. weld ·vt fig.: to unite closely or intimately.
3. weld ·noun coloring matter or dye extracted from this plant.
4. weld ·noun the state of being welded; the joint made by welding.
5. weld ·vt to press or beat into intimate and permanent union, as two pieces of iron when heated almost to fusion.
6. weld ·noun an herb (reseda luteola) related to mignonette, growing in europe, and to some extent in america; dyer's broom; dyer's rocket; dyer's weed; wild woad. it is used by dyers to give a yellow color.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012