Meaning of BILATERAL in English
— bilateralism, bilateralness , n. — bilaterally , adv.
/buy lat"euhr euhl/ , adj.
1. pertaining to, involving, or affecting two or both sides, factions, parties, or the like: a bilateral agreement; bilateral sponsorship.
2. located on opposite sides of an axis; two-sided, esp. when of equal size, value, etc.
3. Biol. pertaining to the right and left sides of a structure, plane, etc.
4. Chiefly Law. (of a contract) binding the parties to reciprocal obligations.
5. through both parents equally: bilateral affiliation. Cf. unilateral (def. 7).
6. Informal. a bilateral agreement, esp. regarding international trade.
[ 1765-75; BI- 1 + LATERAL ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012