Meaning of EMERGENT in English
— emergently , adv. — emergentness , n.
/i merr"jeuhnt/ , adj.
1. coming into view or notice; issuing.
2. emerging; rising from a liquid or other surrounding medium.
3. coming into existence, esp. with political independence: the emergent nations of Africa.
4. arising casually or unexpectedly.
5. calling for immediate action; urgent.
6. Evolution. displaying emergence.
7. Ecol. an aquatic plant having its stem, leaves, etc., extending above the surface of the water.
[ 1350-1400; ME ( emergent- (s. of emergens ) arising out of, prp. of emergere to EMERGE ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012