/ahng"kawr, -kohr, ahn"-/ , interj., n., v., encored, encoring .
1. again; once more (used by an audience in calling for an additional number or piece).
2. a demand, as by applause, for a repetition of a song, act, etc., or for a performance of a number or piece additional to those on a program, or for a reappearance by the performers, as at the end of a concert, recital, etc.
3. the performance or reappearance in response to such a demand: He chose a Chopin nocturne for his encore.
4. any repeated or additional performance or appearance, as a rerun of a telecast or a rematch in sports.
5. to call for a repetition of.
6. to call for an encore from (a performer).
[ 1705-15; hinc ha hora or hinc ad horam until this hour ]