— harmonically , adv. — harmonicalness , n.
/hahr mon"ik/ , adj.
1. pertaining to harmony, as distinguished from melody and rhythm.
2. marked by harmony; in harmony; concordant; consonant.
3. Physics. of, pertaining to, or noting a series of oscillations in which each oscillation has a frequency that is an integral multiple of the same basic frequency.
a. (of a set of values) related in a manner analogous to the frequencies of tones that are consonant.
b. capable of being represented by sine and cosine functions.
c. (of a function) satisfying the Laplace equation.
5. Music. overtone (def. 1).
6. Physics. a single oscillation whose frequency is an integral multiple of the fundamental frequency.
[ 1560-70; harmonicus harmonikós musical, suitable. See HARMONY, -IC ]