Meaning of INWARD in English
/in"weuhrd/ , adv. Also, inwards .
1. toward the inside, interior, or center, as of a place, space, or body.
2. into or toward the mind or soul: He turned his thoughts inward.
a. on the inside or interior.
b. in the mind or soul; mentally or spiritually.
4. proceeding or directed toward the inside or interior.
5. situated within or in or on the inside; inner; internal: an inward room.
6. pertaining to the inside or inner part.
7. located within the body: the inward parts.
8. pertaining to the inside of the body: inward convulsions.
9. inland: inward passage.
10. mental or spiritual; inner: inward peace.
11. muffled or indistinct, as the voice.
12. private or secret.
13. closely personal; intimate.
14. Archaic. pertaining to the homeland; domestic.
15. the inward or internal part; the inside.
16. inwards , the inward parts of the body; entrails; innards.
[ bef. 900; ME; OE inweard. See IN, -WARD ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012