Meaning of PAYABLE in English
— payability, payableness , n. — payably , adv.
/pay"euh beuhl/ , adj.
1. to be paid; due: a loan payable in 30 days.
2. capable of being or liable to be paid.
4. Law. imposing an immediate obligation on the debtor.
5. an amount, bill, etc., that is to be paid.
6. payables , the accounts payable of a business: Payables are now handled by our computer.
[ 1400-50; late ME; see PAY 1 , -ABLE ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012