Meaning of SOLDER in English
— solderable , adj. — solderer , n. — solderless , adj.
/sod"euhr/ , n.
1. any of various alloys fused and applied to the joint between metal objects to unite them without heating the objects to the melting point.
2. anything that joins or unites: the solder of their common cause.
3. to join (metal objects) with solder.
4. to join closely and intimately: two fates inseparably soldered by misfortune.
5. to mend; repair; patch up.
6. to unite things with solder.
7. to become soldered or united; grow together.
[ 1325-75; (n.) ME soudour soudure, soldure, deriv. of solder to solder solidare to make solid, equiv. to solid ( us ) SOLID + -are inf. suffix; (v.) late ME, deriv. of the n. ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012