Meaning of TURNABOUT in English
/terrn"euh bowt'/ , n.
1. the act of turning in a different or opposite direction.
2. a change of opinion, loyalty, etc.
3. a reciprocal action; act of doing to someone exactly as that person has done to oneself or another: Turnabout is fair play.
4. a person who changes things; a radical.
5. Chiefly Brit. merry-go-round.
[ 1590-1600; n. use of v. phrase turn about ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012