Meaning of DRAWING in English
▪ chalk , charcoal , ink , line , pastel , pencil
a set of charcoal ~s by a local artist
▪ original , preliminary , preparatory
The bridge looked quite different from the architect's original ~s.
a scale ~ of a jet
▪ architectural , engineering , technical , working
a working ~ of the proposed power station
He earned money as a model for life-drawing classes.
VERB + DRAWING
▪ create , do , execute , make
He made a ~ of how the Roman villa must have looked.
DRAWING + VERB
▪ depict sth , show sth
The ~ shows the Market Square.
▪ accompany sth , illustrate sth
Beautiful line ~s accompany the text.
DRAWING + NOUN
These days, designers spend more time at the computer than at the ~ board.
▪ in a/the ~
The door opened onto a courtyard, as shown in the ~.
▪ ~ by
a pencil ~ by Picasso
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012