Meaning of BROKEN in English
vt subdued; humbled; contrite.
2. broken ·p.p. of break.
3. broken ·vt subjugated; trained for use, as a horse.
4. broken ·vt made infirm or weak, by disease, age, or hardships.
5. broken ·vt crushed and ruined as by something that destroys hope; blighted.
6. broken ·vt disconnected; not continuous; also, rough; uneven; as, a broken surface.
7. broken ·vt fractured; cracked; disunited; sundered; strained; apart; as, a broken reed; broken friendship.
8. broken ·vt not carried into effect; not adhered to; violated; as, a broken promise, vow, or contract; a broken law.
9. broken ·vt separated into parts or pieces by violence; divided into fragments; as, a broken chain or rope; a broken dish.
10. broken ·vt ruined financially; incapable of redeeming promises made, or of paying debts incurred; as, a broken bank; a broken tradesman.
11. broken ·vt imperfectly spoken, as by a foreigner; as, broken english; imperfectly spoken on account of emotion; as, to say a few broken words at parting.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012