Meaning of DEVICE in English
noun opinion; decision.
2. device ·noun a spectacle or show.
3. device ·noun anything fancifully conceived.
4. device ·noun improperly, an heraldic bearing.
5. device ·noun power of devising; invention; contrivance.
6. device ·noun that which is devised, or formed by design; a contrivance; an invention; a project; a scheme; often, a scheme to deceive; a stratagem; an artifice.
7. device ·noun an emblematic design, generally consisting of one or more figures with a motto, used apart from heraldic bearings to denote the historical situation, the ambition, or the desire of the person adopting it. ·see cognizance.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012