Meaning of FLAP in English
v a disease in the lips of horses.
2. flap ·v a hinged leaf, as of a table or shutter.
3. flap ·noun to beat with a flap; to strike.
4. flap ·vi to fall and hang like a flap, as the brim of a hat, or other broad thing.
5. flap ·vi to move as do wings, or as something broad or loose; to fly with wings beating the air.
6. flap ·noun to move, as something broad and flaplike; as, to flap the wings; to let fall, as the brim of a hat.
7. flap ·v the motion of anything broad and loose, or a stroke or sound made with it; as, the flap of a sail or of a wing.
8. flap ·v anything broad and limber that hangs loose, or that is attached by one side or end and is easily moved; as, the flap of a garment.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012