Meaning of NIGHT in English
noun darkness; obscurity; concealment.
2. night ·noun the period after the close of life; death.
3. night ·noun intellectual and moral darkness; ignorance.
4. night ·noun a state of affliction; adversity; as, a dreary night of sorrow.
5. night ·noun a lifeless or unenlivened period, as when nature seems to sleep.
6. night ·noun that part of the natural day when the sun is beneath the horizon, or the time from sunset to sunrise; ·esp., the time between dusk and dawn, when there is no light of the sun, but only moonlight, starlight, or artificial light.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012