Meaning of PREPARATION in English
noun an army or fleet.
2. preparation ·noun accomplishment; qualification.
3. preparation ·noun that which makes ready, prepares the way, or introduces; a preparatory act or measure.
4. preparation ·noun the state of being prepared or made ready; preparedness; readiness; fitness; as, a nation in good preparation for war.
5. preparation ·noun the act of preparing or fitting beforehand for a particular purpose, use, service, or condition; previous arrangement or adaptation; a making ready; as, the preparation of land for a crop of wheat; the preparation of troops for a campaign.
6. preparation ·noun that which is prepared, made, or compounded by a certain process or for a particular purpose; a combination. specifically: (a) any medicinal substance fitted for use. (b) anything treated for preservation or examination as a specimen. (c) something prepared for use in cookery.
7. preparation ·noun the holding over of a note from one chord into the next chord, where it forms a temporary discord, until resolved in the chord that follows; the anticipation of a discordant note in the preceding concord, so that the ear is prepared for the shock. ·see suspension.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012