Meaning of CONTINUITY in English
/kon'tn ooh"i tee, -tn yooh"/ , n. , pl. continuities .
1. the state or quality of being continuous.
2. a continuous or connected whole.
3. a motion-picture scenario giving the complete action, scenes, etc., in detail and in the order in which they are to be shown on the screen.
4. the spoken part of a radio or television script that serves as introductory or transitional material on a nondramatic program.
5. Math. the property of a continuous function.
6. Usually, continuities . sets of merchandise, as dinnerware or encyclopedias, given free or sold cheaply by a store to shoppers as a sales promotion.
[ 1375-1425; late ME continuite continuitas, equiv. to continu ( us ) CONTINUOUS + -itas -ITY ]
Syn. 2. flow, progression.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012