Meaning of FIVE in English
/fuyv/ , n.
1. a cardinal number, four plus one.
2. a symbol for this number, as 5 or V.
3. a set of this many persons or things.
4. a playing card, die face, or half of a domino face with five pips.
5. Informal. a five-dollar bill: Can you give me two fives for a ten?
6. take five , Informal. to take a brief respite.
7. amounting to five in number.
[ bef. 1000; 1925-30 for def. 6; ME; OE fif; c. D vijf, G fünf, ON fimm, Goth fimf, L quinque, Gk pénte, Skt pancha ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012