Meaning of ADVICE in English
▪ constructive , excellent , good , helpful , practical , sensible , sound , useful , valuable
That's very sound ~.
▪ bad , wrong
I think my lawyer gave me the wrong ~.
I will refrain from giving unsolicited ~.
▪ impartial , independent
The website gives free, impartial ~ on all aspects of saving energy.
▪ expert , professional , specialist
It is essential to seek expert ~ from a mental health professional.
▪ financial , legal , medical
… OF ADVICE
▪ bit , piece , word
Can I give you a friendly word of ~?
VERB + ADVICE
▪ give (sb) , offer (sb) , pass on , provide (sb with)
I hope I can pass on some useful ~.
▪ get , obtain , receive , take
I think you need to take legal ~.
▪ ask , ask for , go to sb for , seek , turn to sb for
Go to your doctor and ask for ~.
She asked her mother's ~.
▪ accept , act on , follow , heed , listen to , take
I wished that I had followed her ~.
▪ disregard , ignore , reject
ADVICE + NOUN
▪ centre ( BrE )
The Local Authority runs an ~ centre in the town.
She writes a weekly ~ column in the local paper.
▪ against sb's ~
Permission was given against the ~ of the planning officers.
▪ on sb's ~
On the ~ of his experts he bought another company.
▪ ~ about
~ about bringing up children
▪ ~ for
Here is some ~ for pregnant women.
▪ ~ on
Can you give me some ~ on where to buy good maps?
▪ ~ to
My ~ to you would be to wait a few months.
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012