Meaning of AIRCRAFT in English
▪ fixed-wing , jet , light , low-flying , supersonic
Three men were flying in a light ~ at low altitude when a passenger jet approached.
attacks by helicopters and fixed-wing ~
▪ single-engined , twin-engined
▪ manned , unmanned
The army is using unmanned ~ to survey the area.
▪ microlight ( BrE ), ultralight ( AmE )
▪ cargo , civil , civilian , commercial , passenger , private
▪ attack , combat , fighter , military , reconnaissance , stealth , strike , surveillance , transport
▪ model ( esp. BrE )
His passion is making model ~.
VERB + AIRCRAFT
▪ fly , operate , pilot
The ~ was flown by a young American pilot.
The passengers boarded the ~.
▪ destroy , shoot down
To be an ace you had to shoot down five enemy ~.
AIRCRAFT + VERB
▪ fly , operate
There are approximately 6 700 commercial ~ operating in the United States.
▪ land , take off
The ~ is due to take off at midnight.
▪ carry sth
▪ attack sth , bomb sth
AIRCRAFT + NOUN
▪ engine , parts
a US Navy ~ carrier
Significant progress has been made in reducing ~ noise.
He claimed that ~ noise was the worst form of pollution.
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012