Meaning of DEFECT in English
▪ fundamental , major , obvious , serious , severe
a fundamental ~ in the product
▪ mild , minor , slight , small
Goods with slight ~s are sold at half price.
The child had a mild heart ~.
▪ construction ( esp. AmE ), manufacturing , mechanical ( esp. BrE ), structural
▪ birth , congenital , genetic
All lambs are checked for birth ~s when they are born.
▪ developmental , physical , visual
▪ sight , speech
▪ eye , heart
VERB + DEFECT
▪ contain , have , suffer from
The book contains serious ~s.
He has a congenital heart ~.
The photograph shows slight ~s due to age.
▪ find , identify , observe
The inspector found ~s in the aircraft's construction.
▪ cause , induce , produce
There is evidence that air pollution can cause birth ~s.
▪ correct , cure , remedy , repair
This is a physical ~ that cannot be cured.
The builders agreed to remedy the structural ~s.
▪ ~ in
major ~s in the education system
▪ ~ of
a ~ of her character
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012