Meaning of IDENTICAL in English
▪ appear , be , look , seem , sound
▪ absolutely , completely , exactly
▪ not necessarily
Different spreadsheet packages tend to be similar, though not necessarily ~.
▪ almost , largely , more or less , nearly , practically , pretty much , substantially , virtually
The two houses were more or less ~.
▪ apparently , seemingly ( esp. AmE )
▪ basically , essentially
They're shaded differently but are otherwise ~.
▪ chemically , functionally , genetically
These two models are absolutely ~ in appearance.
This knife is ~ to the one used in the attack.
offspring that are genetically ~ with the parents
Identical is used with these nouns: ↑ copy , ↑ fashion , ↑ pair , ↑ twin
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012