Meaning of ABORTIVE in English
noun a fruitless effort or issue.
2. abortive ·v rendering fruitless or ineffectual.
3. abortive ·v causing abortion; as, abortive medicines.
4. abortive ·v cutting short; as, abortive treatment of typhoid fever.
5. abortive ·v produced by abortion; born prematurely; as, an abortive child.
6. abortive ·v made from the skin of a still-born animal; as, abortive vellum.
7. abortive ·noun a medicine to which is attributed the property of causing abortion.
8. abortive ·noun that which is born or brought forth prematurely; an abortion.
9. abortive ·v imperfectly formed or developed; rudimentary; sterile; as, an abortive organ, stamen, ovule, ·etc.
10. abortive ·v coming to naught; failing in its effect; miscarrying; fruitless; unsuccessful; as, an abortive attempt.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012