adj authoritative; peremptory.
2. absolute ·adj pure; unmixed; as, absolute alcohol.
3. absolute ·adj positive; clear; certain; not doubtful.
4. absolute ·adj capable of being thought or conceived by itself alone; unconditioned; non-relative.
5. absolute ·adj loosed from, or unconnected by, dependence on any other being; self-existent; self-sufficing.
6. absolute ·adj complete in itself; perfect; consummate; faultless; as, absolute perfection; absolute beauty.
7. absolute ·noun in a plane, the two imaginary circular points at infinity; in space of three dimensions, the imaginary circle at infinity.
8. absolute ·adj not immediately dependent on the other parts of the sentence in government; as, the case absolute. ·see ablative absolute, under ablative.
9. absolute ·adj viewed apart from modifying influences or without comparison with other objects; actual; real;
opposed to relative and comparative; as, absolute motion; absolute time or space.
10. absolute ·adj loosed from any limitation or condition; uncontrolled; unrestricted; unconditional; as, absolute authority, monarchy, sovereignty, an absolute promise or command; absolute power; an absolute monarch.