Meaning of AMPLITUDE in English
noun of extent of means or resources.
2. amplitude ·noun of extent of capacity or intellectual powers.
3. amplitude ·noun largeness, in a figurative sense; breadth; abundance; fullness.
4. amplitude ·noun state of being ample; extent of surface or space; largeness of dimensions; size.
5. amplitude ·noun the horizontal line which measures the distance to which a projectile is thrown; the range.
6. amplitude ·noun an angle upon which the value of some function depends;
a term used more especially in connection with elliptic functions.
7. amplitude ·noun the arc of the horizon between the true east or west point and the foot of the vertical circle passing through any star or object.
8. amplitude ·noun the extent of a movement measured from the starting point or position of equilibrium;
applied especially to vibratory movements.
9. amplitude ·noun the arc of the horizon between the true east or west point and the center of the sun, or a star, at its rising or setting. at the rising, the amplitude is eastern or ortive: at the setting, it is western, occiduous, or occasive. it is also northern or southern, when north or south of the equator.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012