Meaning of AMPLITUDE in English
/am"pli toohd', -tyoohd'/ , n.
1. the state or quality of being ample, esp. as to breadth or width; largeness; greatness of extent.
2. large or full measure; abundance; copiousness.
3. mental range, scope, or capacity.
4. Physics. the absolute value of the maximum displacement from a zero value during one period of an oscillation.
5. Elect. the maximum deviation of an alternating current from its average value.
6. Astron. the arc of the horizon measured from the east or west point to the point where a vertical circle through a heavenly body would intersect the horizon.
7. Math. argument (def. 8b).
[ 1540-50; amplitudo. See AMPLE, -I-, -TUDE ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012