Meaning of BEACON in English
noun a high hill near the shore.
2. beacon ·noun that which gives notice of danger.
3. beacon ·vt to furnish with a beacon or beacons.
4. beacon ·vt to give light to, as a beacon; to light up; to illumine.
5. beacon ·noun a signal fire to notify of the approach of an enemy, or to give any notice, commonly of warning.
6. beacon ·noun a signal or conspicuous mark erected on an eminence near the shore, or moored in shoal water, as a guide to mariners.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012