Meaning of BIAS in English
adj cut slanting or diagonally, as cloth.
2. bias ·adj inclined to one side; swelled on one side.
3. bias ·noun a slant; a diagonal; as, to cut cloth on the bias.
4. bias ·adv in a slanting manner; crosswise; obliquely; diagonally; as, to cut cloth bias.
5. bias ·noun a wedge-shaped piece of cloth taken out of a garment (as the waist of a dress) to diminish its circumference.
6. bias ·noun a leaning of the mind; propensity or prepossession toward an object or view, not leaving the mind indifferent; bent; inclination.
7. bias ·noun a weight on the side of the ball used in the game of bowls, or a tendency imparted to the ball, which turns it from a straight line.
8. bias ·vt to incline to one side; to give a particular direction to; to influence; to prejudice; to prepossess.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012