Meaning of BID in English
2. bid ·- of bid.
3. bid ·- imp. & ·p.p. of bid.
4. bid ·vt to pray.
5. bid ·vt to make a bid; to state what one will pay or take.
6. bid ·vt to invite; to call in; to request to come.
7. bid ·vt to proclaim; to declare publicly; to make known.
8. bid ·vt to order; to direct; to enjoin; to command.
9. bid ·vt to offer in words; to declare, as a wish, a greeting, a threat, or defiance, ·etc.; as, to bid one welcome; to bid good morning, farewell, ·etc.
10. bid ·vt to make an offer of; to propose. specifically : to offer to pay ( a certain price, as for a thing put up at auction), or to take (a certain price, as for work to be done under a contract).
11. bid ·noun an offer of a price, especially at auctions; a statement of a sum which one will give for something to be received, or will take for something to be done or furnished; that which is offered.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012