Meaning of CABLE in English
vt to fasten with a cable.
2. cable ·vt & ·vi to telegraph by a submarine cable.
3. cable ·vt to ornament with cabling. ·see cabling.
4. cable ·noun a molding, shaft of a column, or any other member of convex, rounded section, made to resemble the spiral twist of a rope;
called also cable molding.
5. cable ·noun a rope of steel wire, or copper wire, usually covered with some protecting or insulating substance; as, the cable of a suspension bridge; a telegraphic cable.
6. cable ·noun a large, strong rope or chain, of considerable length, used to retain a vessel at anchor, and for other purposes. it is made of hemp, of steel wire, or of iron links.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012