Meaning of CAGE in English
noun the catcher's wire mask.
2. cage ·noun a place of confinement for malefactors.
3. cage ·noun the drum on which the rope is wound in a hoisting whim.
4. cage ·vi to confine in, or as in, a cage; to shut up or confine.
5. cage ·noun a wirework strainer, used in connection with pumps and pipes.
6. cage ·noun a skeleton frame to limit the motion of a loose piece, as a ball valve.
7. cage ·noun an outer framework of timber, inclosing something within it; as, the cage of a staircase.
8. cage ·noun the box, bucket, or inclosed platform of a lift or elevator; a cagelike structure moving in a shaft.
9. cage ·noun a box or inclosure, wholly or partly of openwork, in wood or metal, used for confining birds or other animals.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012