Meaning of CAP in English
vt to deprive of cap.
2. cap ·noun a covering for the head.
3. cap ·vt to salute by removing the cap.
4. cap ·vi to uncover the head respectfully.
5. cap ·noun a respectful uncovering of the head.
6. cap ·noun the removable cover of a journal box.
7. cap ·noun the top, or uppermost part; the chief.
8. cap ·noun a portion of a spherical or other convex surface.
9. cap ·noun one of lace, muslin, ·etc., for women, or infants.
10. cap ·noun anything resembling a cap in form, position, or use.
11. cap ·noun a percussion cap. ·see under percussion.
12. cap ·noun one usually with a visor but without a brim, for men and boys.
13. cap ·noun a large size of writing paper; as, flat cap; foolscap; legal cap.
14. cap ·noun something covering the top or end of a thing for protection or ornament.
15. cap ·noun the whole top of the head of a bird from the base of the bill to the nape of the neck.
xvi. cap ·noun one used as the mark or ensign of some rank, office, or dignity, as that of a cardinal.
xvii. cap ·vt to match; to mate in contest; to furnish a complement to; as, to cap text; to cap proverbs.
xviii. cap ·noun the uppermost of any assemblage of parts; as, the cap of column, door, ·etc.; a capital, coping, cornice, lintel, or plate.
xix. cap ·vt to complete; to crown; to bring to the highest point or consummation; as, to cap the climax of absurdity.
xx. cap ·noun a collar of iron or wood used in joining spars, as the mast and the topmast, the bowsprit and the jib boom; also, a covering of tarred canvas at the end of a rope.
xxi. cap ·vt to cover with a cap, or as with a cap; to provide with a cap or cover; to cover the top or end of; to place a cap upon the proper part of; as, to cap a post; to cap a gun.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012