Meaning of COAT in English
noun a petticoat.
2. coat ·vt to cover with a coat or outer garment.
3. coat ·noun a coat card. ·see below.
4. coat ·noun ·same·as coat of arms. ·see below.
5. coat ·noun the habit or vesture of an order of men, indicating the order or office; cloth.
6. coat ·noun an outer garment fitting the upper part of the body; especially, such a garment worn by men.
7. coat ·vt to cover with a layer of any substance; as, to coat a jar with tin foil; to coat a ceiling.
8. coat ·noun an external covering like a garment, as fur, skin, wool, husk, or bark; as, the horses coats were sleek.
9. coat ·noun a layer of any substance covering another; a cover; a tegument; as, the coats of the eye; the coats of an onion; a coat of tar or varnish.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012