Meaning of COIL in English
noun a noise, tumult, bustle, or confusion.
2. coil ·noun fig.: entanglement; toil; mesh; perplexity.
3. coil ·vt to encircle and hold with, or as with, coils.
4. coil ·noun a series of connected pipes in rows or layers, as in a steam heating apparatus.
5. coil ·noun a ring, series of rings, or spiral, into which a rope, or other like thing, is wound.
6. coil ·vt to wind cylindrically or spirally; as, to coil a rope when not in use; the snake coiled itself before springing.
7. coil ·vi to wind itself cylindrically or spirally; to form a coil; to wind;
often with about or around.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012