Meaning of COMPACT in English
vt to unite or connect firmly, as in a system.
2. compact ·p.p. & ·adj composed or made;
3. compact ·noun an agreement between parties; a covenant or contract.
4. compact ·p.p. & ·adj joined or held together; leagued; confederated.
5. compact ·p.p. & ·adj brief; close; pithy; not diffuse; not verbose; as, a compact discourse.
6. compact ·p.p. & ·adj closely or firmly united, as the particles of solid bodies; firm; close; solid; dense.
7. compact ·vt to thrust, drive, or press closely together; to join firmly; to consolidate; to make close;
as the parts which compose a body.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012